Discover Tropical India
THE TOUR AT A GLANCE
Embark on a houseboat through the backwaters and take a stroll on Kovalam beach.”
During this stay in South India, we will take you on a sensory journey to the heart of the region From visit heritage monuments in Cochin to staying in a Luxury Houseboat in the backwaters of Kerala, from staying in Tea Hill Station of Munnar to going on a boat cruise in Thekkady – this tour offers it all. Stay in unique resorts and the best houseboats.
Kovalam is a popular tourist place among westerners because of its beautiful beaches. A number of westerners’ visits during the year. Kerala manages to satisfy all the desires to escape into pure nature. With the classic backwaters and leisurely feels of the destination, it has always been the traveler’s favorite choice
EXPERIENCES AND VISITS IN THIS TOUR JOURNEY
- Guided tour of the port city Kochi – Queen of Arabian Sea
- Visit Cochin on the Malabar Coast, settled by the Portuguese, Dutch and finally the British.
- Explore the history and bygone technique of Fishing in Cochin.
- Enjoy the 300-year-old Indian classical dance form of Kerala- Kathakali Dance
- Private Guided visit to Temple, Palace, and Fort Kochi area.
- Experience the fresh mountain air as you Cycle through Munnar Tea Plantation.
- Explore the wilderness of Periyar National Park from the edge of your seat on a boat while the wild watches you.
- Experience the aroma of spices at Spice Plantation visit at Thekkady.
- Private Houseboat cruise through the backwaters of Kerala.
- Kovalam–The wellness haven in Kerala - The home of Ayurveda (Optional)
VIEW FULL ITINERARY
Upon arrival at Cochin International Airport receive a warm welcome from our representative who will help you with transfer to the hotel. Complete the check-in formalities and spend the rest of the day at leisure
Cochin-Situated on the southwest coast of India, Kochi or Cochin is a bustling commercial port city with a trading history that dates back to at least 600 years. It is the perfect synthesis of the past and the present, the wars won and lost, the cultures gained and cherished, and the heart and soul of Kerala that stays resolute regardless of whoever inhabits these shores. The commercial capital of Kerala, this emerging cosmopolitan city is widely regarded as a great indicator of the rising fortunes of God's Own Country.
Today, enjoy a tour of Cochin. Visit St. Francis Church, built-in 1562 by St. Francis; this is India’s oldest
European-built church. Continue on to Mattanchery Dutch Palace, a double-storied palace. The most important feature of Mattanchery Palace is the murals in the bed chambers, which depict scenes from the Ramayana, Mahabharata. Proceed to the Jewish Synagogue, with its exquisite interior, which was constructed in 1568 and make a stop at the Jewish cemetery. Continue along the coastline, where one can view the unique and still-in-use Chinese Fishing Nets which were introduced by Chinese traders in the 14th Century. The tour ends in the Fort Kochi area where you can walk through the historical Dutch and Portuguese buildings. Some parts of this nearly 500-year-old Fort are still amazingly well preserved.
This evening, attend a Kathakali Dance Performance – a unique Keralan experience. The dancers are elaborately made up with paint and masks, accompanied by drummers and musicians. Arriving at the theatre early affords the opportunity to see the dancers getting ready for the show and their faces being painted.
After breakfast, drive to Munnar is one of the most beautiful and scenic road trips in India. Covered in lush green terrace fields of coffee, with black thundering clouds hanging over the top of the hills. There are several waterfalls that you get to see, some from far, some from more nearby, on the way. Arrive and check-in at Hotel.
Afternoon visit Srishti is a welfare center, which is managed and run by Tata Tea. It comes under Tata Global Beverages’ Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. It aims at giving a quality life to the families of tea pluckers in Munnar. Srishti also helps in shaping up the future of differently-abled children majority of who belong to these families. The tea pluckers are paid on daily basis and needless to say, they don’t earn a generous amount. Srishti runs various projects which aim at securing a good future for these kids. The projects which define Srishti are Development Activities in Rehabilitations (DARE), Aranya, Athulya and Strawberry Preserve Making Unit.
Today, visit The Ernakulam National Park shelters the rare Nilgiri Tahr, which is very near to extinction. They are friendly, docile and naturally tamed. Pat them or pose for pictures with them; you'll surely have plenty to brag about a back home after meeting them! Then visit Mattupetty Dam. This important site is a vital source of electricity generation and also a haven for many wild animals and birds due to its constant water availability.
In the afternoon you will visit the Tata Tea Museum located at the Nallathanni Estate. As evidenced by the surrounding tea plantations, the industry has played an integral part in the area's history. Showcasing photographs and machinery, the tea factory museum reveals a detailed insight into how tea is processed from fresh green leaves to the final product, ready to be packaged. The museum also pays homage to the workers who have kept the industry alive for many generations.
Rest of the day you'll have free time to explore Munnar at your own pace. Perhaps you'd like to wander the colorful streets and poke around a few bazaars for potential souvenirs.
Today drive to Thekkady–(Periyar) -India's Largest Tiger Reserve
The very sound of the word Thekkady conjures up images of elephants, unending chains of hills and spice scented plantations. The Periyar forests of Thekkady are one of the finest wildlife reserves in India. Spreads across the entire district are the picturesque plantations and hill towns that nestle beautiful trails for treks and mountain walks. It is one of the oldest tiger reserves in the country.
Afternoon go on a boat ride inside the Periyar National Park- Explore the Periyar National Park through its waterways. Set off on a boat ride over the serene artificial lake located right in the middle of the forest. Witness various wildlife of the sanctuary like gaur, sambar deer, wild boar, leopard and more. You may also capture herds of elephants skirting the banks, mud bathing or playing in the wetlands. Listen to the birds chirping and the sound of water cascading below.
Later take a guided tour of the spice plantations in Thekkady – Enter the plantations and the intoxicating aroma of cloves, nutmeg, pepper, cinnamon or cardamom takes over. This will be followed by a walking tour of the interesting Kumily market. The town is always teeming with activity. It is famous for its spice and tea plantations and is among the most important commercial centers in Kerala. Meet and interact with the locals and know about their lifestyle.
After breakfast, drive to Alleppey (Alappuzha). Arrive Alleppey and board on Houseboat -Set out on an enchanting overnight backwater cruise in traditionally decorated houseboats. Check-in time is 01:00 PM and the cruise starts with lunch. While cruising in these floating luxury villas, let your eyes settle for the rare and the unusual - skim past Chinese fishing nets, bowed-down paddy fields, and local inhabitants engaged in making coir products, rustic homes, and ancient temples and swaying coconut groves. Food will be served onboard. A backwater holiday on Kerala-style houseboats or "Kettuvalloms". These palm-covered country boats are designed to navigate the narrowest of canals.
After breakfast check out from the houseboat at Alleppey Jetty. Then drive to Kovalam.
Arrive and check-in at Hotel.
Rest of the day at leisure on the beach.
Morning visit Trivandrum City –Visit the Shree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, this temple is built in an intricate fusion of the indigenous Kerela style and the Tamil style. Also, visit Napier Museum and the Chitra art gallery.
Afternoon you can happily relax there and just enjoy the atmosphere.
Optional: Enjoy Ayurveda Treatment offered in Kerala at Ayurveda Resort.
You can relax and enjoy the day on the beach on your own.
Optional: Day excursion to visit Kanyakumari (90 Kms / 2.5 Hrs, one-way)
Kanyakumari: visit is to the Sri Kumari Amman Temple. Our next visit is to the Thiruvalluvar Statue; 133 feet in height. The 38 feet, the three-tier pedestal of the statue represents 38 chapters in the Book of Aram. We end our exploration with a visit to the miraculous confluence of the three seas; the Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean and Bay of Bengal. The Vivekananda Memorial, located at the heart of this confluence is a pilgrimage for all the stressed hearts seeking some respite and solace. After enjoying a pleasant boat ride around the place then back to Kovalam.
Later in time transfer to Trivandrum airport to board flight back home.
End Of Tour
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN THIS TOUR COST
- Accommodation for total 09 nights on sharing twin / double room on bed & breakfast basis.
- All Meals at on Houseboat in Alleppey
- Transfers, sightseeing/excursions as per the program by air-conditioned Vehicle
- English-speaking local guide as per program.
- All entrance fees to the monuments as mentioned in the program.
- Evening Watch Kathakali Dance Performance in Cochin
- Visit Srishti is a welfare center
- Visit the Tea Plantation, Tea factory & the Museum in Munnar
- Visit Spice Plantation in Periyar
- Enjoy a boat ride on Periyar Lake
- Private Houseboat cruise through the backwaters of Kerala.
- Company representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers.
- All presently applicable taxes including the GST charges levied recently by the Government.
- Two bottles of mineral water each day during sightseeing.
TOUR COST DOES NOT INCLUDE FOLLOWING EXPENSES
- International / Domestic Airfare
- Any new admission fees / taxes / fuel surcharges/ Visa fees
- Meals not mentioned
- All personal expenses such as beverages, laundry, trip cancellation and personal insurance, gratuities, excess baggage fees
- Early check-in/late check-out (except as noted)
- Camera/video fees at monuments
- Communication costs
- Any additional expenses due to unforeseen problems like a natural disaster, war or strikes, cancellation or misconnection of flights or a last-minute change of timings, etc.
- Any other service, which has not been specified as "included".
World Escapes India Pvt. Ltd. is a travel company launched in 2013 and run by passionate tourism professionals, committed to design innovative products which suits to the budget of all type of travelers. It is a dream of young professional having a collective experience of more than three decades in different areas of travel & airline Industry.Read More..
- Plot no 36, Mohit Nagar, Sector 15 (Near NSIT) Dwarka, New Delhi -110078